here's what i'm doing...
complete a set of 101 preset tasks in 1001 days.
tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part)
Why 1001 days?
many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new years resolutions. the key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips and outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. be decisive. know exactly what you want, why, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. stay focused. any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. constantly evaluate your progress.
3. welcome failure. frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. write down your goals. it clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. keep your goals in sight. review them frequently and ensure that they are always at the forerfront of your thinking.
For more information on this, to read the guys who began it, and see other people's lists.... go here... triplux