Sunday, November 08, 2009

#64- Sew little cutesyness

Ok, so I've been puttering a lot on etsy.com, and I love so much of their stuff. I have ordered a purse and a couple tshirts, I have 2 bibs for my non-related neice and nephew coming to me, and I have found a ton of ideas.

Example 1 -Super cute penguins!! Which would require sewing on my part.













Example 2


I mean really. How cute is this little lamb????





And so now, since I have non-related neice and nephew, I'm even more into the idea of making cute little things for them. (the cutesyness would have a home! love! cuddles!)
(both of these above are from allthingssmall)


And then I saw this: (from asherjasper)
I don't know how well you can see it, but there's a tiny pea under all those mattresses! Now this isn't sewn. It is felted. Needle felted. Which, not that its EASY but it's a heck of a lot easier than sewing for me. So this kind of stuff will be what I'm making for them. To be clear, at their ages, i will not be making them a tiny felted pea that they could swallow. But it is an idea. So I'm working on finding the materials today (needles and maybe roving yarn- found out a college classmate sells her yarn- she dyes it but doesn't raise the little sheep the wool comes from- on etsy too!)
And so, I'll be working on these cute little things for a while. Maybe if I get good I'll post pictures. :)

No comments: